Industry 4.0 Starter Service
Learn how to adopt Industry 4.0 to improve productivity and discover new business opportunities.
Benefits for your business:
- Gain recommendations on immediate productivity and efficiency improvements from a Callaghan Innovation Industry 4.0 expert
- Industry 4.0 demystified: find out how it can be customised for your unique business environment
- Identify specific opportunities to implement Industry 4.0 technologies with a clear return-on-investment
- Understand the next steps in adopting Industry 4.0 technologies – the ones most beneficial for
This service complements Callaghan Innovation’s Lean and Lean 2.0 programmes, which focus on a business-wide transformational journey towards Industry 4.0.
- A manufacturing business with established facilities and production processes?
- An ambitious business with an R&D budget?
- A decision-maker in your business (CEO / ELT)?
- Already implementing LEAN in your business?
- Already advocating for greater productivity and efficiency gains?
Yes? Industry 4.0 – Starter Service is for you.
Why work with us?
- You’ll work with proven experts – we employ world class scientists and engineers in all areas of Industry 4.0.
- You’ll get the right solution for your business not a sales pitch – we are vendor and technology agnostic.
- You’ll work with trusted, experienced advisors – we’ve helped hundreds of Kiwi businesses.
$5,000 (incl. GST) includes:
- Up to 3 days of a Callaghan Innovation Industry 4.0 expert carrying out a deep-dive review of your manufacturing processes and consulting with staff
- A report on how you can immediately adopt Industry 4.0 technologies to increase productivity
- Recommendations to develop an Industry 4.0 roadmap for your business.
For more information read our Industry 4.0 Starter Service flyer
This service is not about:
- A costly entry into Industry 4.0
- An expensive and time-consuming exercise
- Telling you how to run your business (you’re the expert!)
- A software or a hardware push – the service is completely agnostic of both
For more information, contact us.
Boost productivity and engage staff on manufacturing process improvements.
What we did
Integration of PLC hardware and communication systems to connect manufacturing equipment, development of software to interpret and visualise data on a custom digital dashboard.
A real-time digital dashboard for staff to monitor and optimise manufacturing processes.
Cutting-edge production techniques and innovative design are opening new opportunities for New Zealand’s forestry sector and for Wood Engineering Technology (WET) that means converting second-rate, low-value logs – destined for woodchips – into quality timber.
WET has a patented method of creating glue-laminated timber, or ‘glulam’, which consists of pieces of wood stuck together with a moisture-resistant adhesive.
WET’s industrial process exploits the variability within each log as well as the grade, or quality of the log, which is broken down and then reengineered as lumber.
It is the optimisation of the disassembly and reassembly process that gives WET its innovation edge.